Return to VicTeach
VicTeach July Session - Learning Space Evolution at Victoria
Session Venue and Time: Friday 31st July, 2.00pm-3.30pm in AM101.
Questions for Discussion
You can provide responses via GoSoapBox before during and after the session: http://app.gosoapbox.com, event access code: 129-016-917
- What are the strengths of the current Victoria learning environments that support your discipline and/or model of learning and teaching?
- How could those strengths be sustained in a way that responds to the factors identified in the discussion paper? Are there additional pressures or factors that should also be responded to?
- How could the learning and teaching infrastructure at Victoria be changed to significantly improve the educational outcomes for students and staff?
- How could the University better support staff and students using the educational facilities?
- What types of learning spaces should the University be planning to provide in its redevelopment of the Kirk building complex?
- How can the University use new learning spaces to effectively support cross-disciplinary learning and teaching?
- In what ways would a large lecture theatre (approximately 500 seats) strengthen the University, providing options for a range of future activities, including those that enhance research as well as education? How would it complement other spaces and benefit from ongoing technological and pedagogical developments?
- What impact do you see arising from blended models of delivery at Victoria on your discipline and/or model of learning and teaching?
- Learning Spaces Discussion Document
- Questions for Reflection and Discussion
- Kelburn Learning Spaces Map
- Learning Spaces session slides
- Jenny Bentley's presentation