Organisations have many of the features of courses but exist perpetually.
The following criteria are used when considering requests for Organisations:
- Organisations in Blackboard should not be used merely to replace or instead of web sites created formally by the web team.
- Blackboard exists to support learning and teaching activities, it is not a general purpose collaborative environment.
- The Banner-Blackboard integration means that we cannot create accounts for external users in Blackboard so all users must be Victoria users (staff or students).
- We cannot automate the population of users into organisations (or their removal) so all user access is the responsibility of the staff member responsible for the organisation.
- Organisations must be owned by a permanent member of staff who is personally responsible for ensuring that the organisation is operated in accordance with all university policies.